MADE FOR MORE!
Ten years ago when I was launching Melissa Park Events (MPE), my first event management company in Australia, I was searching online for American Event Producers who I could learn from, be inspired by and watch their journey unfold. I discovered Rachel Hollis, the Founder of Chic Events and was immediately in awe of the brand she’d built, the events she was producing and all of her achievements thus far – I mean Inc. 30 under 30… #goals
10+ years on (OMG, I can’t believe it’s been ten years), as I was getting ready to launch melissapark.co, my US-based event management company, I was looking through old branding notes from my MPE days, and found my ‘people to watch’ list. I saw Rachel’s name and jumped online to take a peek at what she’d been up to, since I’d closed MPE to follow my ‘American Dream’. Once again, I found myself totally amazed and inspired by her authenticity, drive, passion and loooong list of kick-ass accomplishments. This woman really is something else.
On April 6-7, I was fortunate enough to spend the weekend with Rachel at her very own women’s empowerment conference, Rise. My top 15 takeaways:
- You were not made to be small. YOU ARE MADE FOR MORE!
- You did not come this far to only come this far. You get to decide TODAY if life is happening TO you or FOR you.
- It is not about choosing what you want RIGHT NOW, it is about choosing what you want MOST.
- STOP waiting on someone else to fix your life. NOBODY will ever care about your dream as much as YOU do.
- If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time.
- Someone else’s opinion of you is NONE of YOUR business.
- Nothing is wasted. Every single moment is preparing you for the next.
- Comparison is the death of all joy. The only person you need to be better than is the one you were yesterday.
- If you’re unhappy, that’s on you!
- When you really want something, YOU’LL FIND A WAY. When you don’t really want something, YOU’LL FIND AN EXCUSE.
- I am successful because I have never once believed my dreams were someone else’s to manage. That’s the incredible part about your dreams… nobody gets to tell you how big they can be.
- It’s highly possible that by NOT being where you thought you should be, you will end up EXACTLY where you’re supposed to be.
- As long as you allow someone to treat you badly, the will continue. If you’re not able to value yourself, no one else with either.
- Whatever is going to give you more time, more space, and more freedom to find your center? Say yes please, to that!
- You are the only person who is in charge of what happens next. YOUR DREAM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR.
Tonight, I get to relive the magic all over again at Rachel Hollis Presents: Made For More. Rise Weekend has been made into a 90-minute documentary. If you need a little loving encouragement while getting a good kick up the butt, grab your girlfriends and head to your local cinema. Trust me when I tell you, you won’t want to miss this!
Melissa Park is an award-winning Event Producer who has built an empire on the back of raving fans, countless referrals and repeat clientele.
The self-made entrepreneur launched her first event management company in Australia and before too long, was ready to take a leap and make a splash in the USA.
With her sound advice, savvy expertise and exceptional skills as a creative and business person, Melissa now travels the globe whipping teams into shape, elevating brands, amplifying messages and transforming struggling events into extraordinary must-attend experiences.
Dubbed as the go-to-girl of the events industry, Melissa’s expert advice has been featured on many TV and radio programs. She is the creator, producer, and star of The Mel-Factor Podcast; a contributing writer to numerous publications and a sought-after keynote speaker and panelist.